When longing for a cozy low-key night in with girlfriends or Cam, there are usually only about a couple of factors involved to make this night a success: delicious food, mouthwatering wine and an engaging movie. Staying in and watching a movie doesn't need to be a sweatpants affair. Pair the below movies with the food and wine recommendations and you'll have an impressive evening you won't forget.
"I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address. - Kathleen Kelly"
- Classics like Harry met Sally, Almost Famous, Sleepless in Seattle and You've Got Mail, American Beauty, Working Girl, Now and Then, The Princess Bride, A League of Their Own, Under the Tuscan Sun and Father of the Bride
- Comedies like White Chicks, Romy and Michelle High School Reunion, In Bruges, Ferris Buellers Day Off, Sideways, The Switch, This is 40 and Mean Girls
- Dramas like Good Will Hunting, Django Unchained, Bourne Trilogy and the Thomas Crown Affair
- Documentaries like SOMM, Spinning Plates, Blackfish and Bill Cunningham New York
- Toronto Popcorn Company: This Kensington shop is the ultimate treat for a movie night. Tons of flavours and decent prices this beats your standard popcorn by a long shot. Our go-to flavours are salt and vinegar and cinnamon caramel crunch.
- Forno Cultura: This Italian bakery is just across the street and has become one of our favorites. Everything taste like something my Nonna would make. We have become obsessed with the pizza and flourless brownie cookies.
- Wilbur Mexicana: This place is perfect for a cheap date night or a quick take away. The burrito bowls are roughly $10 but will fill you right up. The best thing is the salsa bar and the selection of hot sauces. They won't charge you for substitutions or extra veggies so you can easily incorporate this into your paleo diet.
- Pizzeria Libretto: An obvious choice for any night in. The authentic pizza is comprised of savory and good quality ingredients. I gleefully get excited about the smoky charred dough that seems to be the perfect compliment to the toppings and sauce.
- Pio Cesare Barbaresco, Piedmont, Italy
- Veuve Cliquot Brut Yellow Label NV, Champagne, France
- Hugel & Fils Gewurztraminer, Alsace, France
- Chloe Red N. 249, California, USA
- Rover See Ya Later Ranch, Okanagan Valley, BC
- HBC Blanket
- Shearling slippers
- Anthropologie Candle