This is my first DIY project for the blog. Normally, most of my DIY projects result in cursing and frustration but this one was surprisingly painless. It's inexpensive, multi-functioning and makes a great gift! Most marble trays start at $60 and go upwards from there. I ended up spending a lot less and was a fun thing to create with my dad.
- A marble tile (found at most hardware stores... can be any size)
- Drawer or cabinet pulls (make sure they aren't longer than your tile!)
- Heavy duty self-stick felt floor savers
- Either industrial strength glue or use a drill press
- Ruler and pencil for measuring the distance
*Originally, I bought simple gold drawer pulls at Lee Valley. However, an impromptu trip to Anthropologie and I left with these vintage inspired cabinet pulls. So, your cost could range for roughly $15-60 for the handles.
- Using a ruler, figure out where you want to place your handles and trace with your pencil.
- Using a drill press, cut the holes in the marble to fit the handles. Screw on with a small bolt. Or, glue them on with your industrial glue. (This is where your dad could come in handy!)
- If you decided to use the glue, let dry for roughly 1-2 days.
- Once dried or screwed on, secure the felt pads on the bottom of the tray.
How to use it:
- Jewelry and Perfume
- Cozy book and tea tray
- Cheese Tray