These quick, flavorful noodles with ginger and scallions will rival any take-out variety. Add a soft-boiled egg or sliced chicken for a simple and quick week-night dinner. This recipe serves two.
- 2 Tablespoons grapeseed oil (vegetable or canola will also work)
- 1 large bunch of green onions, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons of roughly chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons of ginger, finely minced
- 1 Tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 Tablespoon chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 crushed red chile pepper or 1 teaspoon red chile flakes
- kosher salt to taste
- 10 ounces noodles of your choice, cooked according to package directions and drained (see note
- Heat up the grapeseed oil in a saucepan over high heat until the oil is hot
- Add the green onions, cilantro, ginger, garlic and shallots at once. Stir the ingredients quickly, to coat them in the hot oil, and immediately take the pan off the heat.
- Add the fish sauce, sesame seed oil, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, honey, crushed red chile pepper and salt to taste.
- Let sit for 15 minutes. Toss with noodles. Serve immediately.