Nothing says thirst-quenching and refreshing like a cold glass of lemonade in the summer. This recipe is perfect for when strawberries are in season and you can buy several flats at a time. Ideal to freeze for the chilly winter months as well. Serves 12 cups but you can easily adjust depending on your needs.
- 4 cups (1L) sliced ripe strawberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) raw cane sugar (you can also use coconut sugar)
- 4 organic lemons (can you use limes instead to make limeade)
- In a mixing bowl, toss the sliced strawberries with the sugar. Let sit while you prepare the lemons
- Juice the lemons and strain the juice into a measuring cup so you end up with approximately 1 cup
- In a blender, macerate the berries (and their own juice) with the lemon juice. This will be your lemonade concentrate
- To serve: combine 1 part lemonade and 2 parts water (can use sparkling water as well). Mix well, add several ice cubes and serve immediately