This dreary weather has caused my level of daydreaming to soar. Today, I caught myself thinking about long weekends in the summer. Summer days are often spent lounging by the pool or lake and summer nights are spent, dancing around the campfire with giant sparklers. It just doesn't get any better than that.
Classic New England Lobster Rolls go perfect with any of the above activities. A quality bite of this divine treat is made from sweet lobster caught fresh right off the coast, a little crunch of celery and tangy kick of lemon. Talk about perfection!
- 4 smallish to medium sized lobsters, boiled and taken apart (about 1-1/4 pounds of meat)
- One lemon
- One stalk of celery, cleaned and diced
- 4 hot dog buns
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of butter to grill rolls
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, squeeze half of the lemon (about 2 tablespoons of juice) over the cooked lobster meat
- Throw the chopped celery into the bowl
- Add the mayonnaise, stir to coat but gently so you don't bruise the lobster meat
- Set aside
- In a skillet, melt the butter and add to the rolls
- Toast the buns slightly until golden brown
- Line each bun with lettuce
- Spoon in some of the lobster meat mixture
- Sit back and enjoy it with a refreshing Sam Adams!