I had these rice krispie squares during the Christmas break and I forgot how amazing they are when they're fresh and homemade. Cam's grandma sets the bar high for these tasty treats and this week, I managed to score the recipe from her and added a little St. Paddys Day touch.
- 1 package of about 40 large marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Handful of green and white chocolate rounds from Bulk Barn
- In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add the Rice Krispies and Vanilla extract. Stir until well coated.
- Using a spatula, evenly press it into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool and cut into squares.
- Drizzle the chocolate on top if desired.