YUM YUM YUM!! I'm officially in love with this recipe. For those lucky ones, that have a secret butter chicken recipe in their families... don't be offended by my variation of this classic Indian dish. Next time, skip the take-out and try this super easy and healthy dish!
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 4 cloves of garlic (or roughly 2 tablespoons of minced garlic)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 (14-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons of plain organic greek yoghurt
- 1 can of tomato paste
- Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook until onions have become translucent (about 2-3 mins). Stir in coconut milk, yoghurt, tomato paste, flour, garam masala, curry powder, chili powder and ginger powder until well combined and slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place diced chicken pieces into a slow cooker. Add sauce mixture and toss to combine.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5-6 hours.
- We served it with brown rice and whole wheat naan (for a little treat).