Sometimes you just need a little comfort food on a dreary Sunday. We whipped these up this past weekend and it was delicious treat while enjoying a flick on Netflix. This recipe was created Ezra Pounds.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs (we use organic free range)
- 3/4 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic spelt flour
- 1 1/4 cups organic white flour
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups of chopped extra dark chocolate (we like to use fair trade)
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of ground coffee
- Pinch of sea salt
- Combine the butter, eggs, sugars and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the flours, salt, nutmeg and baking soda. Mix well.
- Stir in chocolate. Mix well.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and place in fridge until cold and hard. (Important step so the cookies don't spread while baking).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Form the dough into small pucks and place on baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake in oven for 7 minutes and then turn baking sheet. Bake for another 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle cookies with coffee, cinnamon and sea salt. Enjoy!